A NEW simplified fare structure has been unveiled by Yellow Buses a fortnight before the company’s biggest shake-up of services for 103 years.
From July 2, the current 48 fare variations will be replaced by:
* Adult singles based on three types – ‘short hop’, ‘medium hop’ and ‘long hop’ – 60p, £1.10 and £1.60
* Child singles based on three types – ‘short hop’, ‘medium hop’ and ‘long hop’ – 40p, 60p, 80p
* Day tickets giving all day travel for adults (£3), children (£2) and a new group/family ticket.
* Rebranded Adult 7, 30 and 90 day ‘Yellow Card’ period tickets, replacing ‘Buzz Cards’
* Child ‘7 day’ Yellow Card which is available from the Travel Office in The Square (Avenue Road), Bournemouth.
Day tickets giving unlimited travel on the Yellow Buses’ network remain at £3 for an adult and £2 per child.
A group/family day ticket for up to two adults and three children will cost £7. No return tickets will be sold from July 2. The new ‘Yellow Cards’ cost £12 for 7 days, £48 for 30 days and £115 for 90 days.
Overall, the majority of passengers will see their fares stay the same or cost less under the new plans.
Derek Lott, Managing Director, said: “Our aim is to ‘demystify’ bus travel in every way we can, and replacing the existing complicated and confusing fare structures will help both customers and our staff .”