TRANSDEV Yellow Buses (TYB) is introducing a number of network changes from July 22.
They are the first major changes since the new TYB network was launched in July 2006 and include:
* Greater frequency of services on some of the most popular main routes for example a bus every 7.5 minutes – instead of every ten minutes – on the 1a Bournemouth to Christchurch service
* Additional buses in the late afternoon period on the Poole section of the 1b/c service
* Buses every ten minutes – instead of the current 15 minutes – between Castlepoint, Charminster and Bournemouth and extended to Westbourne
* Improving the frequency of the 5a/b from Bournemouth to Ensbury Park to every six minutes (currently every 7.5 minutes)
* Extending the current 6c service beyond Tower Park in Poole to include Canford Heath
Following a review of passenger numbers some changes are also being made to a number of other routes.
Derek Lott, TYB’s Managing Director, said: “These changes build on the success of last year’s network shake-up which resulted in overall passenger numbers increasing by over 20 per cent.
“We are determined to continue providing a punctual, reliable and affordable service with a simple ‘value for money’ fare structure and a dependable interconnected network.
“The changes which come into effect from July 22 will help drive us further down the road to achieving this.”