YELLOW Buses is to make changes to some of its services with the introduction of a new improved timetable from Sunday April 30.
The changes include revisions to local authority routes currently numbered 18, 20, 33 and 36 and also cancellation of lightly used early morning and late evening journeys.
Some of the promotional fares available on Yellow Buses’ app will be increased together with child 7-day and 30-day tickets and school service day returns. All adult and child single and return fares on Yellow Buses’ regular network remain unchanged.
The route and timetable changes in detail are:
- HEATHLINE route 18 becomes route H1. Lightly used journeys including the last two journeys on the Broadstone loop, and journeys operating to/from Bournemouth Rail Station, are withdrawn.
- DOLPHINLINE route 20 is revised into two separate services:
- Poole – Bournemouth via Penn Hill service remains an hourly service, and is combined with the existing route 33 to operate a through service between Poole, Penn Hill, Westbourne, Bournemouth, East Cliff, Boscombe, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Southbourne and Christchurch. This service will be numbered D1.
- Bournemouth – Castlepoint service remains hourly and is combined with the existing COASTLINE route C1 to/from West Cliff, Westbourne and Alum Chine, providing a through service for West Cliff and Alum Chine residents to/from Castlepoint shopping centre. This service will continue to be the COASTLINE C1 including the extension through to/from Castlepoint.
- PRIORYLINE 33 becomes part of DOLPHINLINE D1 as detailed above.
- UNILINE 36 is renumbered U8.
All the above changes were planned as a second phase of Yellow Buses’ network change which took effect from January 15. They were not implemented in January as they involved changes to existing local authority contracts.
The other service changes from April 30 involve the following UNILINE services:
- Route U5 will only operate during peak hours
- Route U6 – some journeys are retimed at the request of customers
- Routes U9/U10 are revised, with the local authority sponsored route via the Fern Barrow loop being withdrawn due to funding being removed, and the Monday to Friday extension between Boscombe, Pokesdown and Southbourne being withdrawn due to poor patronage. All U9/U10 journeys will start and finish in Boscombe Bus Station. Passengers on the Fern Barrow loop retain services to Bournemouth and Kinson on route U8 (current route 36).
Details can be found on Yellow Buses’ website at www.bybus.co.uk/what’s-new
Paul Wren, Commercial Director, Yellow Buses, said: “These changes are fine-tuning the new network introduced in January.
“The amendments to routes 18, 20, 33 and 36 were planned as a second phase of our network change. They couldn’t be implemented in January as they involved changes to existing local authority contracts.
“We would encourage customers to visit our website at www.bybus.co.uk/what’s-new to view all the changes as well as revised fares from April 30.”
A new combined timetable booklet containing maps and timetables for all Yellow Buses’ services is currently at the printers and will be available from the company shortly.